In this guide you’ll find responses to common religious claims, submitted by a range of educated, witty, popular, unknown, brilliant and/or simply sensible freethinkers. First time visitors, please read How To Submit and Use Content. Click on a theist claim below to access the list of styled responses or to submit your responses. Key: *** = Active Pages (The Guide is being assembled. Please pardon the slow process and help out if you can. Thanks!)
Christian Scripture, Gospels, Jesus:
- *** The bible is the inspired word of God. Its miracles and fulfilled prophecies prove it
- *** God is real because my holy book says so.
- *** God gives us free will.
- *** The Bible is Inerrant and makes perfect sense if you understand how to read it.
- *** The Bible is an accurate historical document.
- *** The advanced science knowledge in the Bible, proves divine influence.
- *** Jesus sacrificed himself for you and me, taking away our sins.
- *** Many contemporary historians noted Jesus
- *** Jesus was divine, proven by the resurrection, miracles and witnesses in the bible.
- *** People in the time of Jesus were credible and not gullible.
- *** We don’t follow the all the laws of the Old Testament, because Jesus died for us.
- *** Complex things must have a designer and complex design is everywhere, so god exists.
- *** The W.L. Craig Kalam Cosmological Argument proves God Exists.
- *** The universe is too perfect for life to be an accident. (finely tuned by design)
- ***You have everything to lose if you’re wrong about God, so why not believe just in case? (Pascal’s wager)
Claiming Atheist Ignorance, Delusion, Evil or Faith:
- *** Atheists have faith that something came from nothing, caused by nothing. (universe origins)
- *** You worship logic and yourselves and have faith in science, so Atheism is a Religion.
- *** You can’t prove God doesn’t exist, so I am justified in believing he does.
- *** Atheists are indoctrinated. (with science, reason, told to hate god & lied to)
- *** It takes more faith to be an atheist.
- *** Non-believers choose to go to Hell. Jesus is not sending them there.
- *** Atheists ignore obvious evidence for creation. Its all around us.
- *** Atheism is not a justified position, since atheist claims are unproven.
- *** Atheists believe single cells transformed into humans. Talk about having faith.
- *** Atheists are fools, with hardened hearts, so your logic can’t be right.
- *** Atheist words and actions are controlled by Satan himself.
- *** You don’t believe in Jesus, yet you celebrate his holidays.
- *** There are no Atheists in foxholes.
- Evolution isn’t a fact, its only a theory.
- *** Evolution is unproven and is based on misinterpreted facts.
- *** Macro-evolution is unproven and has never been observed.
- There are no intermediate (half and half) fossils.
- Evolution is a fairy tale of biased interpretations (var: conspiracy, bias against religion).
- *** The genetic evidence doesn’t support evolution.
- Evolution hasn’t been observed, so its unproven.
- Irreducible complexity (bacterial flagellum and others) debunks Evolution
- Many Scientists are published and quoted as refuting Evolution
- Embryology doesn’t prove evolution or common descent
Questioning Scientific Conclusions (other):
- *** The Earth is 6,000 to 10,000 years old. All scientific dating techniques are flawed
- Believing scientific conclusions is based on faith.
- Scientific conclusions are atheistic and biased toward disproving religion.
- Abiogenesis is just a fairy tale. Life can’t come from non-life.
- The Big Bang fails to explain how something comes from nothing.
- God is outside of time and space, so he is the only possible first cause.
- The scientific method fails because scientists start with their desired conclusions.
- The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics is broken with life organizing toward complexity.
- All scientific dating techniques for determining age of the Earth, the universe and fossils are flawed.
- The geologic column’s layering and fossil distribution, confirms that the great flood happened.
- Life and Earths conditions couldn’t have happened by random chance.
- There are no Inefficiencies in living organisms, which translates to design.
- There are no bad designs in gods creation.
- *** The universe is too perfect for life to be an accident
- *** DNA is a code, with information, which indicates a message and a designer.
- *** DNA and other creations, like our eyes, are too complex to be naturally developed.
Supernatural, Miracles, Experiences & Prayer:
- If you won’t consider unexplained experiences as supernatural, you are close minded
- God answers prayers with Yes, No or Wait
- Answered Prayers & Miracles happen. Its documented, but you refuse to see.
- *** God answers my prayers all the time.
- I have visions of Jesus and his predictions in the vision have come true.
- My personal experience proves God exists. I can feel him. He talks to me.
Opinion, Fallacy and Subjective Claims:
- God did it! When science can’t explain things completely or at all, the supernatural is a justified, reasonable belief.
- Religious beliefs should be respected and never challenged.
- God is not Evil. His actions are beyond our imperfect judgement.
- Morality is not explainable without God.
- Without divine and biblical morality, we can’t be good people.
- Eternal Damnation is a fair punishment for denying your savior.
- The United states is founded on Christian ideals. Its a Christian Nation under god.
- The vast majority of the world believes in God. It must be true.
Equal Rights, Same sex marriage:
- Homosexuality is wrong by the word of God.
- Marriage is only between a man and a woman.
Islamic Specific Claims:
- Islam is the religion of peace.
- Islamic women and children want to follow the word of Allah.
- The advanced and accurate science in the Quran, proves divine influence.