Are you ready to run against the god myths which everyone fears and loves? I offer you an opportunity to stand up and challenge not only religious delusions, but the gods themselves, for the Presidency of the Universe! Indeed one must have some serious balls and an ego the size of the moon to pretend to be qualified for such an office. Perhaps nobody on Earth has ever been qualified, but this concept is about the running and showing up to be heard. Running for the office of the President of the Universe, is about the perception of the masses. There is no apparent god giving us commands, yet people follow a divine authority and its mythical rules, because some bunch of important goat herders had declared it to be so, way back when. This campaign is meant to expose these imagined governors of the universe, for the horrible set of ideas that they typically represent and replace them with a superior model of moral kindness and real hope. As there has been no governing entity to speak to (apparently for millennia) this attempt to reset the perceived ultimate laws and guidelines must be done from within the masses. No, I don’t suppose there will be an actual, final election until we’ve heard from candidates throughout the universe, but we can certainly work out our own ideas until then.
What about Yahweh, Allah or the Faerie King? If they exist, they are welcome to run for president of the universe too. Of course, if one or more show up, he, she or it will have quite a variety of black marks, (from global suffering to irresponsible, immoral rules to answer for) which will make them easy fodder in critical review. No, surely no god myths will throw their hats into the ring, due to that pesky character flaw we call nonexistence. This all too apparent fact doesn’t change the need to tear down the faulty perception of ideas like: “tyrannical gods are somehow loving, questioning or criticizing gods is a crime, women and gays are not considered equal with all others, that acting immorally in the name of a god is acceptable, believing in gods without evidence is a virtuous achievement, non-belief in gods is worthy of torture, etc.” Candidates should expect to challenge these notions and more, in an effort to inspire myth believers to see a better way.
Yes, I am running for President of the Universe and I challenge others to run as well, even if you feel as under qualified as I do! Many of us know that the current myth based rules need to be challenged and perhaps in the process of our public challenge, many believers will realize that there’s no need to fear their god myths any longer. So, my fellow free thinkers, declare your candidacy, state your position with graphics, get a running mate or run on your own and start tearing down the perceptions, by challenging the competency of gods! ABSOLUTELY make it known that your ideas are better than any god’s have ever been and ask voters to give you official authority over those old god myths. Yes my friends, stand taller and more sure than any myth and rattle perceptions about who truly gives purpose to so many lives… the people themselves.
I will keep a list of candidates so LET ME KNOW where people can find your related blogs, graphics and posts. DM me info at @freeatheism or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Perhaps start with #UniversePresident hashtag and I will add more if they emerge. Below there are more graphics for candidates to use if they wish. Click on them to see the full DPI images.
- Isn’t declaring humans and yourself capable of such a high office more than a little presumptuous and inappropriate? Yes, if I were serious about the the election end of things. What I intend here is a show of defiance against the perceived ruling structure in the universe.
- Do my graphics have to be professional looking or look presidential or represent my country? Not at all, but better graphics will make for better show. You may use the official seals on this page as well as the letterhead if you desire. Or just create something stating whatever name or nickname or @name you prefer and “for President of the Universe” like I did. I mimicked the US presidential race, but feel free to use whatever theme. HERE are mine so far… have fun with it.
- Is there an official presidency logo I can use… we can all use? Yes, the 2 logos on this page, but it’s not a requirement. Feel free to use them for your purposes during this campaign. (not to be used for profit)
- How long will this go on for and how will it end? This idea was originally to mock the US Presidency campaign, packed with religious chuckleheads, so perhaps it can follow that timeline. Maybe the candidates will be able to come up with a final NO CONFIDENCE vote (personal blog entries) in the current perceptions of gods.
- The idea of running against gods’ authorities and laws will surely insult. Can you handle the waves this will make? Probably. This may never be big enough to be noticed, but if it does cause problems, it can always be halted. Immoral or angry reactions to this campaign will only prove our point however.
- Will there be debates? There certainly can be. I’m penciling in one with Yahweh right now, but I expect he will be a no show.
- Will you allow people with theistic backgrounds to run? Sure, but do you know any who will run for an office which ultimately challenges the authority of gods?
- Do I have to be myself or can I be a made up character (alien, living energy, flying spaghetti monster) to add some universal diversity? Sure, but please keep to the concept of challenging the current perceptions of a universe authority. Being colorful is what we already do on this subject of god myths anyway.